12-02-2023, 11:36 AM   #15
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFARVW View Post
I watched that review yesterday. I'm anti EV, they just don't do shit for me and the CyberTruck is ugly as fuck....I immediately went and placed a reservation for a Beast Mode CT lol!

I dunno, I came to terms that as long as I have a fun ICE car or two that I can add something fun and dumb like that and yolo.

It's cool.
I have to say, I'm not an EV hater per se', more of a hater of the Feds deciding BEV is THE transportation tech for the future. And, I see BEV as totally useless for road tripping; even Tesla with its network. I find stopping more that 5 minutes to refuel completely stupid.

BUT, almost like you I dug into the Cyber Truck page on Tesla and almost placed an order for the 4-wheel drive model. It could replace my rust-bucket H3T, but so could a Ford Maverick...

Still debating it. The thing in pretty cool (when you consider the engineering automotive technology of it)
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 4
gblansten2107.50
NFARVW215.50
a5m622.00