Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Any chance you may go offroad? Is it flat or are there serious climbs?

You may also want to consider a MTB with slicks. When I ride paved trails with my daughters, I take the MTB as it offers more flexibility and I am not out on a speed ride.

And BTW, those pedals that do require those retarded-ass shoes, they really help your efficiency and speed. But if solely recreational, I would stick with paltforms.
Wasn't really planning on going off-roading any time soon, so more recreational than anything else.
There is a huge hill behind my house, but there is no way in hell i'll be riding up that. I see dudes on $5,000 bikes in near death condition by the time they climb to the top of it.

Plus my kid is really sketched out about doing anything even remotely dangerous (don't get me started on our first and last snowboarding trip together), so I don't think he is planning on leaving pavement any time soon. I got him a Giant XTC last month for his b-day, but after reading the manual he is convinced that the bike will break in pieces if he simply jumps off a curb. lol

I just spoke to the guy who runs the bike shop on campus and he suggested something like Raleigh
http://www.raleighusa.com/bikes/mountain/talus-29-11/
He has a 2010 $750 model sitting there that he would sell me for $500 but im not sure i like the way it looks...

damnit, its much easier to pick a car than a bicycle!