View Single Post
      04-11-2021, 12:07 AM   #1058
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
So if his color isn't an issue, why did you bring anything up. I'm a person of color who has spent, and kicked ass in places where I was the following:

Only 1 of 50 people in management in a national telecommunications company of over 3000. You have no idea of the crap I put up with, the invectives and the outright calling me the n-word. The one thing is this: No matter how much I was hated because of how I looked, their grudging respect was always given because of my work ethic and the way I drive revenue. Everyone loves a golden goose. 12 years in the company. Started in entry-level sales and made it to national VP in 7 years.

3 of 55 people as a frontline management people in a biotech company. Always polite. But I was paid less in base salary but that didn't matter because I drive revenue and always killed on bonus and my people killed on bonus because I drive the FK out of revenue.

Only one of 35 on a contract management team. See above.

I know what it's like to walk into a room and it goes silent. I know what it is like to have someone say, "you're so well spoken...its different and refreshing". Because I'm corporate polite I said, Thank you but I was always thinking, "You s4it kicking hillbilly, I've been traveling internationally since I was 14 and we have, in my immediate family 17 degrees among 5 people. Why am I even talking to you, idiot." But I'm older now and more reserved.

Fortunately, I've arrived at a place in my life where I call out racist behavior when I see it because I just about have FU money and dgaf about what people think unless I have affinity for them, without respect to color.

What you said and the way you put it was racist. YOU may not be, but what you said was.

Glad you cleaned it up but please do better in the future.
🙌🏾 Amazing amazing amazing. Say it louder for the people in the back!
Appreciate 0