View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 01:51 AM   #2
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall0n View Post
After falling in love with a 2006 Z4 3.0i that I bought in January of this year, I have decided to get a 2020 Z4 M40i when I retire in a few weeks.

I live in Texas, and dealerships are considered "essential" businesses (for that matter, churches are also considered essential). Because there are no more walk-ins, my wife and I made an appointment to meet with a salesperson yesterday (Saturday). There were a few salespeople there and during our whole visit we were the only customers that we saw, although the service center was busy.

After providing the build code for the specific options I wanted, there was only 1 vehicle for sale in the US that matched my criteria, and it was in NYC. I put down a $1000 deposit and they said they would be contacting the NYC dealership to arrange a trade with what they have in their inventory in order to get it here in Texas. No hard numbers discussed yet except for incentives because it was useless to do so in the event they couldn't get the car.

I also provided two other build codes as secondary criteria, and there were only two available, each in Florida. The secondary criteria are minor things such as interior aluminum trim.

I guess the inventory for the M40i in Frozen Metallic Grey are quite slim...
Good to hear that you found one in the spec you wanted! There's not a lot of things to option on this car, but the ones you can choose from are important. I was in the same situation, except the one that was available locally was frozen grey and I wanted white. My dealership found maybe the only white one in Canada that had the specifications I wanted:

Alpine White exterior
Red Magma interior
Black rims
Shadowline
Premium package
Black kidney grill
Black mirror caps
Driver assist package
Tetragon pattern trim

I got mine about 10 weeks ago and I've been loving it! Although it hasn't really warmed up enough here to drive top down.

Enjoy your retirement and Z4!

Rob
Appreciate 0