04-07-2023, 01:51 PM   #12
Alvin Mpower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
"only" 72k lol what a world
I mean, the newly refreshed X5 40i power just got bumped to 375 from 335, both goes 0-60 in 5.3s, I don't doubt X5 will be faster cause German always being reserved. Genesis is only 150lb heavier than the 40i xdrive, so like an extra passenger.
If you look at how much more you need to add to get both car in the same spec with all the tech and premium upholstery you are looking at 85k+ vs 72k. My cousin was shopping for a car and we went checking out a GV80, I think their interior build quality and comfortability is just as good as an X5 if not better.
I think Genesis just lose on brand recognition and dealership network. I rarely see any Genesis other than when I go to K-town, all been driven by Koreans. You see a lot of Hyundai and Kia because they are the equivalent to Honda and Toyota. If people want a luxury car they would go shop for BMW Mercedes or Audi, or even Acura, Lexus, and Infinite before looking at Genesis, that's just the reality.
All the car prices are up due to inflation, its just the world we live in. MDX Type S also cost 73k fully loaded with less power, so I think Genesis got their price right.
Is it expensive? Yes.
Is it expensive compare to other luxury brand? No.
Tacoma944.50