View Single Post
      06-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #157
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Would a 2 piece Dainese suit be of better quality than the Alpinestars kit I listed above? Something like the Avro?

http://www.daineseproshop.co.uk/product.asp?x=205

Bearing in mind I won't be doing track riding frequently. I'll be commuting and spirited weekend riding mostly.

As I enter the world of biking, I'm beginning to realise there's a lot more to it than just learning to ride!
That seems like a bad suit for use in commuting. At least that would never work for me with work clothes on underneath. If you are a lifeguard it could work though haha.

I have a Dainese leather jacket that I've been happy with. Alpinestars makes good stuff too though. You normally get what you pay for with the motorcycle gear... If you plan on riding for awhile quality gear is more of an investment that will hopefully last you a couple years. My dad has had a Schuberth helmet for a couple years (6+ years).... I had a crappy HJC helmet that had the shield mechanism break in a couple months of use. I'm not a gear expert... but that's at least been my experience so far. You don't always need the very best but sometimes its worth a little more to get something that will last.

GL
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0