10-18-2019, 12:16 AM   #249
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
It's funny you bring up thesmokingun and in general the better than thou attitude you see in CA (and other big cities like NY etc). I have come across plenty of creepy hick towns all over CA especially northern CA.
Oh yeah we have plenty of creeps. basically if there’s any f-Ed up story on local news, chances are it’s out in Antioch, but national news its usually somewhere in FL. Stereotypes sometimes end up being true..

Quote:
My friend with the $500k fixer upper thinks he's so evolved living in CA. I'm like dude, I've been to your house, I know where you live. There's nothing around except farms and the Mexicans who farm them. The center of town is basically Walmart.
what city is this and how the hell did he over pay like that? Sounds like Central Valley so should be cheaper than that.

Quote:
As for food, we had some good food in CA but I find the food on all our trips west kinda boring. A WHOLE lot of Mexican food and that's about it. I found the food up the east coast much better.
Wrong tour guide? Best Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Persian, Indian, Mexican, Korean, and CA/French style fine dining in the country. I cede American comfort food, South American/Caribbean and all styles of American bbq to other places - we lack that for sure.

Quote:
We were all over CA but spent the most time around Sacramento/SF/Napa, Monterey, Santa Barbara and San Diego (BTW what was suppose to be a like 3 hour drive from Santa Barbara to San Diego ended up taking 7-8 hours with traffic). I've been to LA before, didn't really spend anymore time there this go around as it's not my thing.
You should punch whoever said SD to SB is a 3 hour drive. SD to LA is barely that on a good day.

Quote:
I'm not saying everything in CA is a horrible pos. What I am saying is value for money wise there's just sooooo many other places I would rather live. If I was forced to live in CA I would probably choose the outskirts around San Diego. That was probably our favorite area.
That’s cool - I was just being overly sarcastic to your CA diss as a Floridian. I couldn’t deal with living there either so guess we’re both in our proper places
Appreciate 0