03-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #37
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
I don't think I have owned any car that is actually inherently bad. I can point out to things that are wrong.

My 15 MK7. Golf for example, great car if i wasn't a car enthusiast, it offers great comfort, good power for a everyday car, decent equipment levels and gets good mileage. It just suffers from the worst clutch ever, absolutely zero feel and vague when it does engage. I have driven 15 years in manual cars, i dont think I have stalled any of the 10 cars more than the 4 years I have had the Golf.

My 370Z was probably the worst summer toy I have owned from the list of fun cars I have had. Mostly from misplaced expectations. This also isn't so bad if i wasn't trying to drive beyond its comfort level. Saying its a sports car is a lie, it likes to be driven at 6/10-7/10s. Most of its flaws happen when you start to drive it like a sports car or take it to the track.
In my year or so of ownership, I have seen:
-Fuel starvation (even on a full tank! at the track, and on an onramp at 1/4 tank)
-Horrid clutch hydralics (constant failure of CSC and CMC)
-Vague and numb brakes even with higher temp fluids
-overheat the oil if there is no oil cooler in traffic in the summer and even with one would last at most 5-6 laps.
-Personally had a mysterious power steering issue that one time, locked up my steering completely mid corner at the track.
-Sucks way too much fuel for the power you actually get, its defenitely not as fast as its 337 horses would have you believe, my now higher mileage Z4M felt far faster, and my almost stock Z4M on all seasons is already lapping only a second or so behind my 370Z that has coilovers and RS3
-just overall does not drive well. Steering is vague and meaningless, you almost feel like you drive in isolation, things are happening but you can't tell what's happening. It totally lacks any feedback for proper driver satisfaction.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 2
Nkc1600.50
jmg18679.00