View Single Post
      03-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #44
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
None of the cars I've owned wholely over the years were bad. Most modern cars are pretty good on the whole. However, if the hand-me-down car I got from my parents upon getting my license counts, that's would be my vote. The car was an '86 Peugeot 505 GL wagon. I will never consider another French car if one is ever again available in this country, and frankly, I hope they stay in France.

My parents bought it brand new in '86 and I got it with like 50k miles. This underpowered piece of garbage would break on a weekly basis. I think everything except for the engine and transmission was replaced at least once. I was hoping to be able to drive it to high school my senior year (30 miles each way), but I only actually ended up driving it 25% of the time. People would let me drive their cars because they felt sorry for me with the car always being in the shop.

Then I went to college. I didn't have a car as a freshman, so the horrible French monstrosity just sat. When I came home for summer break, it turned out that the car ended up releasing all of its fluids on our driveway over 8ish months. In the end, the car was towed away to a junk yard. I ended up with a 3 yo VW Fox, which was an absolutely flawless vehicle compared with the Peugeot. I owned that car for about 6 yrs. The only thing that went wrong with it was a blown shock and the exhaust manifold needed to be replaced. That's like 3 weeks worth of problems for the peugeot. Such a horrible, horrible vehicle. I literally thought I won the lottery when I got to pilot all 81 hp that the Fox offered. A freakin fox! It was like a $6k car brand new!
Appreciate 0