View Single Post
      06-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #31
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
I've been lane splitting in California for years in LA traffic. I am for safe and prudent lane splitting.

This subject has been the debate among motorcyclists for years and for me, research or no research--I don't care because I just prefer to lane split. I always adjust my speed of lane splitting to traffic but once traffic begins to speed up, I just get back to normal riding in the lanes--the lane splitters that get into serious accidents (or accidents at all) are usually the ones that start splitting between cars at speed.

It's a simple choice if they want to or not too and I really don't care. More power to them. More lane splitting room for me.

Living in Europe, its hilariously normal to see people lane split. Cagers move out the way gladly and with not even a single thought about them doing it.
The difference is the licensing requirements in Europe in general are more stringent than the joke of a licensing system we have here. Not only that, attitudes are much different. I was amazed when going through Poland where slower traffic would move over to the actual shoulder to give the faster car room to pass safely. Hell, you'd be lucky to get someone to slow or hold their speed in a passing zone. Many times, the asshats would speed up to prevent you from passing and the slow right back down again.
Appreciate 4
Efthreeoh16946.00
BigHunk269.50