06-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #41
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
Kindly disagree. A pilot could log the equivalent hours on a jumbo jet and he'd still nail the landing, going sideways from crosswinds. I commend your experience, but not splitting isn't going to prevent someone from nailing you from behind.

https://abc7.com/1-killed-3-hurt-in-...ested/5332337/

I'd rather lane split than sit smack in the middle of a lane with a Honda right up on my tail.
Then Sir, may I ask, how do motorcyclists outside of the grand state of California survive without lane splitting? You Cali's act like it's a survival tool. What, is every one of you smoked up on weed and lose depth perception? Or is it the Tesla Autopilot just doesn't recognize motorcyclists and sees a MC brake light as the tail light of the car in front of it. What is it really?

And while I have less than half of wichitagreg's miles, I'm going with the rider who has half a million motorcycle miles under his belt.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0