View Single Post
      02-04-2023, 05:46 PM   #17
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Exactly, if I went into a transaction without first educating myself on the subject matter, I would blame myself for being taken advantage of. I don't see why that is a difficult concept to understand. Why is it difficult to accept that a person is responsible for himself?
We all have a duty to be as informed as possible, but c'mon now. Me being uninformed does not give others the right to be complete thieving assholes and to take advantage of my ignorance on the subject. With my legal career, people come to me in seek of help, often times with little knowledge of the law. Am I supposed to screw them over just because I can? Should I bill more hours for work that takes little time just because I know they have no concept of how long said work takes?

Of course not, that would make me a degenerate worthless POS. It's no different in any industry, and in fact those who are in the know and are well versed in their field have an absolute duty to treat all people fairly and explain the ins/outs of the industry as well so they can to put people at ease. When people are paying you for a service, you have an absolute duty to give them what they paid for.

Whoever is responsible for putting the people in that story through this saga are complete garbage human beings. Even if they didn't mean to do it initially, the fact they didn't go completely out of their way to make things right shows just how shitty they are.
Appreciate 4
jkoral1024.50
chris7197356.00
RM72897.50