View Single Post
      04-23-2022, 06:40 AM   #149
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebirotedu View Post
I didn't see the Shmee vid until after I'd put my deposit money down on the Z4.

Raiti's Rides, Throttle House, Straight Pipes, Redline Reviews, and Car Wow were some of the earliest videos I saw after reading the Motor Trend & Car and Driver reviews. The consensus seemed to be that the Z4 was a comfortable and fun place to spend a day.
I think Shmee lives in a bit of a dream world of high priced cars. I'm jealous of course.

I thought Straight Pipes didn't review the Z4 that well. They considered it more of an older person touring convertible with their biggest pet peeve being loose steering. I did agree that the exhaust is a bit too predictable in how it blurps. Their biases do affect their reviews somewhat.

Throttle House. I enjoy these guys the most. Their review is fair and unbiased.

Raiti's Rides. I've seen some of his reviews and he sometimes comes across as poorly informed and just winging it on his reviews. Sometimes he's wrong on key points as a result.

Redline Reviews. One of the more enthusiastic reviews out there. He really liked the car!

I was disappointed Doug Demuro didn't review the M40i. Perhaps he thought reviewing the 30i was good enough?

Rob
Appreciate 0