08-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #61
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
Looks nice, for sure. But with a starting price in the $60K range, it's hard to justify a 6-cyl. Z4 over a well-equipped and many thousands cheaper M240i.
Agree, but in a few years we won't have a 2 Series convertible to choose, so it will be either be the G29 Z4 or the GXX 4 Series / M4 if sticking with a BMW convertible. I like everything I see so far, especially the short front and rear overhangs. Waiting on the specs and hoping it's easy on the scales. I don't really need a rear seat so for me it may come down to how low to ground it is and what my lovely wife thinks of it. My grail car is a 991 Targa 4S. While my wife and I were in the car heading home the other day, a gorgeous Targa 4S passed us and I commented to her how much I liked that car and her comment was "that's really low to the ground". Couple that with her comment will zipping through traffic on our way to dinner on night in my M235 with the top down "we don't need to race do we", I am guessing it would take a lot of "splainin" on my part to get a Z4, let alone a Targa 4S, so a GXX M4 may be my best bet - not quite as low as the Z4 or Targa and looks more sedan / GT ish. Only time will tell. Til then, I love my M235 vert.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0