pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Wawa.....

I loath the idea of this, but in application.... i like it a lot.

I walk into Wawa, one of 8 terminals are available for me to input my order. Takes me 15 seconds, i grab my order receipt, a drink, never am I more than 3rd person in line to pay. By the time i pay, my sandwich order is ready and i'm gone. Less than 5 min every time.

As a social being, i really don't like this. But with the numbers of either stupid or introverted people working in these positions anyway, this concept is growing on me.
I had dinner at one of the restaurants inside of Laguardia airport and it was the same thing. You sit down with a tablet in front of you. It provides you with internet, music, flight information, delays, updates, whatever you want. Then you open the restaurant app, look through the menu, select everything that you would like, put it all into a "shopping car" and check out. You swipe your credit card at your seat and the waiter brings you your food and drinks. If you want to grab their attention, you can do that from the tablet also. There were only two people working for the entire restaurant and my drink showed up within 5 minutes and food within 10 minutes.
Appreciate 0