09-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #55
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
So since I'm much more highly qualified than anyone at McD's, if this passes, I should be able to take this on as a second job relatively easily, right?

I mean, wouldn't you rather hire someone with real world experience instead of the typical fast food worker? Even if most of its automated, I'll flip some patties and even offer liter cola.
Their management model is actually better suited for people with little experience. Someone like you, who has experience may start to question policy, procedure, etc... They like the ones who just blindly follow directions. The few who blindly follow directions, while understanding the concept, and work hard are the ones who get promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1 View Post
I could get a job as a pizza delivery driver. 15 dollars an hour would pay the gas for my Cobra Replica. I wouldn't mind getting payed to drive my cobra around all day! At least as a part time job....might even get to sneak a piece of pizza.
I did this in my LSB E46M3 for almost 2 years.

Except it was my now wife's newly purchased pizza shop. And i didn't get paid....in dollars.

Yep, i got paid in pizza and garlic bread. Oddly enough, during those two years, i lost 20 pounds eating almost nothing but Pizza, Bread, IHOP, and Krispy-Kream. .....Good times.