View Single Post
      08-13-2021, 04:18 PM   #39
surge98
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW m240i

I drove a 1996 Integra for fourteen years before moving to a 1 series BMW in 2010 and a 2 series last year. I'm happy with the 2 series, but I sometimes wonder what I would replace it with if anything happened to it. If Acura gets this right, I could absolutely see myself owning one when some kid filming a Tik Tok inevitably T-bones me at an intersection and destroys my M240i. The new 2 series looks fine, but the increased size and lack of a manual make me glad I got one of the last available allocations for an F22.

The Motor Trend article seemed to imply that a manual was a possibility, and that it would likely be a hybrid AWD coupe. Probably not super light, but I'm on board if it has two doors, a manual, and has a reasonably decent engine. I do wonder who this is aimed at though. Younger drivers who aren't car enthusiasts don't know how great the originals were, and older drivers may find a coupe to be impractical. I'll be curious to see how this compares to the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86.
Appreciate 1