United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
I did a little research on the "active sound" feature that many BMWs have. Apparently on model years 2020 and up, you can go into I drive, and there is a category under "car", that says engine noise and then gives you several different options to select, ranging from reduced to sporty and several other possibilities.

The car we test drove was a used 2019 Z4, so what we may have been hearing was whatever is "piped" into the speakers. I actually found the noise in that car to be somewhat obtrusive. Loved how it handled and drove, but now hoping the sound we heard was this active sound feature.

Anyone played with that setting in I drive?
I have a 2020 M40i. I am unaware of a setting for ASD (sound through speakers). It doesn't bother me and is far less that my M4. In addition, we do not find the sound level high with the top up at all. Easy conversation, music listening, phone use, etc. It is actually fairly quiet. With the top down, it it a whole different experience, but it is supposed to be. My experience did not match yours at all and I have been driving it for over a year.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0