View Single Post
      06-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #19
Tedbay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 Acura NSX, '20 BMW Z4M40i

haven't driven it so cant say but probably not as it is missing the M differential I believe. For me the badge is fine but more important is how it makes you feel driving it so if the combination of engine, handling powering through curves (i.e. m differential and direct steering), some edge to it are deciding criteria. Will leave it to someone else here who has driven one to know. If I was buying that big and heavy of a car think I would want the great handling from the rear differential as a must have and would get the M5. Lots of cars out there with great power and 0-60 but lacking in handling, steering, Feeling! After driving the M40i instantly realized it was a great car and had to pick it up whether it had the true M on it or not - fun factor. Wish I still had the Z4 M Coupe (just sold) as it would be fun to drive them back to back. Only weakness on that car was not the strongest shifter and not best daily driver on bumpy roads (not as bad as a Lotus Elise but bumpy - my wife would never want to take it with me up to Napa so welcome comfort mode in new car when she is in car w me!). I considered keeping it and making it just a track car where it would be an absolute blast. Only drawback on new car is it would be nice to have a manual. This will be my first car ever without a stick.

Last edited by Tedbay; 06-16-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0