10-04-2019, 02:29 AM   #44
Getzinem
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

There's more than one way to achieve your goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Well I just posted a pic in the gym thread of where I am currently sitting at in regards to my shape at the moment. It just turned out that I was more suited for the weights than I was in other areas. I still boxed...just not competitively.

Also I started this thread, so the first post should give some history of how I arrived to where I'm at currently. Boxing was an outlet for me...also a way of connecting with my dad. He is the one who started me down the path of all the arts I did have the pleasure of working with.

I had no problem boxing at a higher body weight as I can assure you that I am quite hard headed! But the same as with Aikido....the older you get the more it takes its toll on your body. And it's not like I make a living off of it...it's something I do for fun.

I guess you can say that one path led me to another...but I have always put forth the effort no matter what I am doing. I have always been a solitary sport type of guy.

Crazy thing about genetics is that you can put 110% into something.....but there will always be someone else better at it than you are. And I don't believe it's because you didn't pay your dues....it's just the way life is.

And I am fine with that.
Confident and humble, not a bad combination at all. There are several ways to keep in shape and I'm glad to hear that you have a better relationship with your dad because of it.

I actually take my dad with me to the gym almost every day and he's 71, so I can relate. This is great that we can share our ideas here and help each other out. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00