View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 06:52 PM   #11
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
So two WS championships are badly tarnished. And it makes the Nats win last year look that much better. They won despite the cheating by the 'Stros.

I hope they ban Cora for life.

I'm gonna steal your image, Haywood. I want to post that in my Red Sox forum.
If anyone thinks it has been just the Astros using tech to steal signs, they're sadly delusional haha. The Red Sox and Yankees were already punished in 2017 for using the Apple Watches as well as using the replay room illegally. Manfred is just going to make an example out of everyone involved with the Astros to save face for the MLB. No way the league goes after everyone and makes itself look bad.

The investigation also only found evidence in 2017 and 2018, not 2019 from what I read. We blew this past World Series all on our own.....welcome to Houston sports

I'm still curious what all they found though. I've been to Minute Maid Park TONS of times and can attest to how loud it is (at least the last few years). I have zero clue how anyone would be able to hear a trash can banging over the crowd. I'm also not sure how they'd be able to relay the information so quick to the batter either. But obviously they found enough evidence to convict everyone involved so it is what it is at this point.

I get what Jim Crane wants to do by cleaning the slate with everyone but I think he might have made a big mistake in letting Jeff Lunhow go. It is really hard to find a GM like that, in any sport. That one might come back to bite him in the ass but I guess time will tell.