Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
My Z4 M40i was delivered to me on June 13, 2019. My thoughts after a year are summed up as follows (after about 8,000 miles):

A blast to drive. I drive 90% in Sport Individual (transmission in Sport/not Sport +) and find this the most engaging. Sport + is great in the mountains or on curvy roads built for day to day the high revs are annoying and so is the constant burble.

I had no mechanical issues so far and have not observed any oil consumption (I did observe the break-in, have no mods and don't drive overlay aggressive).

The software has its kinks: CD is not very reliable, OTA - until recently - has been MIA and my car has not received an update so far.

My biggest gripe is the wireless charger that overheats my iPhone XS and shuts down ACP after one hour of charging or so.

I drive the car all year if the weather is allowing (not on ice/snow or when super cold due to MPSS); I drive my 2015 M235 x-Drive in bad weather).

The car is faster and more engaging than my M235 - but I still enjoy the latter as well (especially bad weather days or when it is super hot).

With the top down, the car is just perfect to drive.

With the top up over the shoulder visibility is zero and even backwards die to the mesh wind deflector is limited. Blind Spot detection feature is a must. I replaced the mesh wind deflector with a glass one that I imported from Germany - looks much better and provides greater visibility. A bit more turbulence but as soon as temps are above 68F that is not relevant anymore.

I don't like the Cerium Grey parts that much. In other countries (eg Canada and Europe) you can get the blacked out version and it looks much better on SFR with black wheels. But I don't hate it enough to buy the parts.

Overall, I cannot think of a more fun - luxurious - roadster/vert.... other than the 992 Convertible — that maybe next in 4-5 years.
Looks awesome, such a bold red
My current F30 is Melbourne Metallic and I still love it. Not sure how I’ll feel with not having a red car when the G29 arrives!

How is the CD unreliable?

Also is your iPhone XS in a case? I’ve read reviews on wireless chargers generally that list this as a exacerbating factor for heat retention in iPhones when charging. Not sure if it’s makes a difference with the charger being enclosed in the centre though
Does the phone actually heat to a degree it suspends itself with the “overheat lockout” ?