View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #1369
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
But the only performance options are the $5k Z51 package, the $1,895 Mag Ride, and being generous, the $2k sport bucket seats.

The rest is just fluff, like paying to stamp a Porsche crest in the headrests of a 718.

Options are for suckers, or best case, people who will keep the car long enough to not be concerned about the lost value on resale. Those $95k C8's will be worth exactly the same as a $70k C8 with the Z51 and Mag Ride in two or three years, someone will just get some extra leather trim for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
$95k area is maxing it on options. As said above, 2LT with Z51 is really all ya need. Don't even need mag ride & don't need $2k seats
I never used the configurator, but I guess 95 would be damn near maxed. Either way, not maxing it, my build was approaching $80,000 with only 2-3 boxes checked. That's still way off the base price. For that money, I'd snag a used Gen V all day; infinitely better looking, has a man pedal, a V10 that'll make 650 wheel with a head/cam package, and a car that you don't see hundreds of per week. Done.

I was simply saying I doubt most people will be going for the base model with 0 options. At the end of the day, it's still a Corvette. The C8 is to Corvette what the GT350 is to Mustangs, in my eyes.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, it's just not for me, hence why I wouldn't consider getting rid of the M for it. There is obviously a large market out there for it, so I'm excited to see what people start doing to them, whether that be a more track focused setup, forced induction, radials, etc. In stock form, they bore the crap out of me.
Appreciate 0