View Single Post
      03-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #1382
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
The entry level C8 already beat the brand new 911 turbo powered 922 around Nurburgring and did it for many thousands of bucks under the German wonder car price. The Z06/ZR1 will be running with and beating cars some of the world best super cars just as the C6Z/R and C7Z/R did for many thousands less then the foreign competition. It’s not all about the savings of the Corvette that makes it very popular but other factors as well. Being less expensive then many is only part of the equation. The Z06 and ZR1( if they build it) will be very in demand sports cars as they were in the past. The fact that they’ll be mid engine will make them sell like hot cakes.
The bolded section is a lie. The C8 ran a 7:28. The 991.2 (the OLD Turbo S), ran a a 7:17, the new 992 is expected to break the 7 minute mark. The C8 is not even on the same level as the Pcar, NEVER will be. I've been in many Vettes (C5 and up), while the quality is slowly improving, it's still a mass produced American car.

American cars in general are always "best bang for your buck." But look at what the least reliable vehicles are, in the US, for 2019. Pretty much across the board, the number 1 and number 2 LEAST reliable are GM vehicles. I'm not saying that a SS 1LE Camaro won't smoke my M2C on track, or even a C5Z, but I couldn't care less about lap times (only reason I listed them above is because that statement was 100% false). If you're after the fastest "new" car for the least amount of money, by all means spend your dollars where you want and if that's the C8, HAVE FUN, after all that's why we buy these things.

Given my stance, which should be pretty obvious in my posts, on American cars, I'll be a liar if I said I didn't cross shop a 2020 2SS 1LE and a GT350 with the M2C, but ultimately you can see what I went with. I'm not trying to say that that they're shit cars, they just aren't for me.
Appreciate 0