03-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #1386
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
The bolded section is a lie. The C8 ran a 7:28. The 991.2 (the OLD Turbo S), ran a a 7:17, the new 992 is expected to break the 7 minute mark. The C8 is not even on the same level as the Pcar, NEVER will be. I've been in many Vettes (C5 and up), while the quality is slowly improving, it's still a mass produced American car.

American cars in general are always "best bang for your buck." But look at what the least reliable vehicles are, in the US, for 2019. Pretty much across the board, the number 1 and number 2 LEAST reliable are GM vehicles. I'm not saying that a SS 1LE Camaro won't smoke my M2C on track, or even a C5Z, but I couldn't care less about lap times (only reason I listed them above is because that statement was 100% false). If you're after the fastest "new" car for the least amount of money, by all means spend your dollars where you want and if that's the C8, HAVE FUN, after all that's why we buy these things.

Given my stance, which should be pretty obvious in my posts, on American cars, I'll be a liar if I said I didn't cross shop a 2020 2SS 1LE and a GT350 with the M2C, but ultimately you can see what I went with. I'm not trying to say that that they're shit cars, they just aren't for me.
Before you call someone a liar you better make damn sure you’re correct and you're not, the C8 did indeed best the brand new 992 at the Ring and that’s fact. The numbers are right here, enjoy your crow dinner.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...eife_lap_times

Breaking the 7 minute mark in a 992 basically base model, that just insane talk.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2