View Single Post
      09-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #33
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOE90 View Post
you can find most daily nutrients in other foods besides bread, you can eat fruit and you can eat dairy, im not on atkins, im not saying eat 400 strips of bacon wrapped in filet mignon or anything like that. Im just stating that, bread seems like such a unneeded food group, so many foods that go into sandwiches, pizzas or anything else that relies on bread only show bread as a way to get the food from the plate to your mouth, like salads wrapped in tortillas, i dunno i guess this whole diet has really changed my outlook on any type of bread. I explain my reasons kind of like this, if tomatoes gave you terrible acne, that made you uneasy around people, timid and conscious of your acne, yet everyone else ate tomatoes for almost every meal, would you still eat tomatoes? I guess giving up bread was much better then popping pills, or getting surgery. Losing weight through hardwork and dedication fills you with a much needed sense of pride and self conciousness. All of this has changed my life in so many ways and even at meets nowadays old friends dont even recognize me haha. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, my goal is to just try to get people aware that it is possible to change your life and that there are many ways to do it.
I will agree with you that bread is grossly overused. And many poeple's typical bread intake is above normal. It's probably all due to the convenience of bread and like you said, the delivery system. However, I think totally excluding a food from your diet isn't the right solution. At the very least not a long term solution.

I mentioned above though, it does work.