View Single Post
      04-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #17
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasM View Post
I'm most familiar with NB and Asics since they have the most options for my 4E wide feet.

Super cushy = NB 1080 and Asics Nimbus

Super cushy + stability = NB 1260 + Asics Kayano

Stability with more "responsive" less pillowy cushion = NB 860 + Asics GT-2000

Personally, I need more of a stability-focused shoe. I'm a 200-205 lb lifter who also runs so I tend to beat the hell out of my running shoes at my weight. I had a pair of NB 860v6, which I liked but thought I'd try more cushion. Went to Asics Nimbus 18 and while super comfy they slowed me down compared to the 860v6. It was like my feet were sinking into the shoe and sucking the energy out of my strides.

Once those wore out I went to Asics GT-2000 5. It was between those and NB 860v7. If anything I liked the NB more but I got the Asics for half price and I've been happy with them. When I put them on at first they feel slightly stiff but the more I pound on them through a run the more they start cushioning the foot. My speed picked back up to where it was before the Nimbus.

I tried out both the Kayano 23 and 1260v6, for that middle ground of cushion/stability. The Kayano are just as cushy as the Nimbus with some added stability but I felt like they were still too squishy for me. 1260v6 were ridiculously comfy but a bit soft in the heel.

If you're lighter than me, you could look into the Nimbus/1080 or Kayano/1260.
I've worn all the shoes you've mentioned, I've worn NB think it was the 860 - did you find the new balance fresh foam felt flat after just only 20 0r 30 runs?

Think I may want to try the Adidas Bounce - read good things about their foam. The Kayano is a great shoe, tempted to try the latest model, though they are pricey and I recall felling 'blah' about them when I wore them some years back.

BTW do you think running compromises your lifting? or lifting slows down your running ?
Appreciate 0