01-25-2023, 12:01 AM   #17
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
DO some of you have brains that don't adjust for lighting? If you don't adjust for WHITE LIGHTING in the pic with the red seats, you get some orangish tint but even then it's STILL OBVIOUSLY RED
Yes, people can interpret colors differently. Years ago, I had a shirt that I wore on regular basis to the office. In office lighting it looked one color, in natural lighting it looked an entirely different color, either green or brown. During my time there (3 years), I showed it to at least a dozen people (some by their request, word got around) and they were amazed. Every one of them saw green in one lighting, brown in another. Even my wife and I see colors somewhat differently but she also sees orange in the seats.

Agreed, our brains interpret the colors presented through our eyes and though generally humans interpret similarly, there is variation. However, even photographers use different calibrations of their monitors when lighting conditions change and virtually every camera adjusts for ambient light temperature. When I process and print photos, I ensure the correct color temperature of lighting conditions when the photo was taken (full sun, cloudy, overcast, fluorescent, incandescent, etc.) is selected. The software (Photoshop in my case) adjusts accordingly to display and print an accurate depiction of what the vast majority of human eyes see.

Perhaps you are the anomaly, Dave.

Last edited by StanDiego; 01-25-2023 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 2