View Single Post
      05-04-2021, 10:31 PM   #230
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I was taking HAM out of the equation. I'm saying Bottas isn't a #1 driver!

I'm not a rear view mirror type of guy and don't care about historical performance. Bottas isn't a #1 and believe several drivers would out perform him should HAM retire.

If I were a rear view mirror guy Kimi was a phenomenal driver in the early years. He would have several more WDCs in the bag if his McLaren didn't fall apart constantly while completing with real drivers like Schumacher and ALO. As it is Kimi holds his own as a 41 year old driver basically competing for a hobby.
Bottas isn’t a number one, but he’s also not bottom tier like this board likes to pretend.

Kimi is and always has been garbage. He is lucked into a WDC in 2007 because of Sir Lewis and Alonso’s ‘rivalry’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
If you think it is delusional to think that Russell is better than Bottas after the Sakhir race last year, there is a possibility your opinion is right, EVEN if Fernando Alonso thinks he is the best of the new drivers. He only won two WDC's, beating Michael Shumacher so no big deal!
Proof of Bottas losing to Russell?

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ce-result.html

Part of being a good driver is not making mistakes. Who cares how fast he says he is when his results show that he’s slower than Bottas who is slower than Lewis. Alonso is a washed up Has been like Kimi, and his comments hold zero weight to me. I have eyes and can form my own opinion, and you should too.

Last edited by AmuroRay; 05-04-2021 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0