View Single Post
      04-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Arrow Anyone else use Turo yet?

For those not familiar - Turo is a "rental" car app where you can borrow people's cars for a set price and time frame. I got kind of sick of Allstate not taking care of my rental bookings while my car is being repaired so I figured I'd try this out.

Picked up an 08 GTI with a manual trans (when was the last time you could rent a manual???) for $25/day. So far the app is kind of shit (lots of freezing and some incorrect system redirects) but the overall function has been great. You can search listings, filter on location/price/features/type of car/etc., and manage the booking through your phone (when it works).

The car itself is so much better than an average rental car simply because it has some character. Instead of getting a Corolla or Mirage or some other crap-box I got a little turbo 4cyl with a manual trans for the same price. MUCH more fun, even if it has 100k on the clock! I'm pretty tempted to try some of the higher end cars listed on there, I've seen a few C7 Vette's, an M4, and a V8 Vanquish.

Anyway this is day 2 so we'll see how it turns out in the end - and if Allstate agrees to consider this a valid rental company and reimburses me