View Single Post
      10-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #132
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Not sure what you mean. LEC could have defended, blocking his team mate and gave Ham the tow. Instead he stayed left, went wide allowed VET to pass on the inside without blocking.

Eitherway there are a million possibilities so who knows how each one would have played out.

I'd prefer to see Vet win a race where he deserved it. He has 5 more chances to prove it, lets see if he gets any more wins.

Yes my opinion is that quali shows who is a fast driver even though no points are awarded.

Yes race pace is different but it involves more variables.

Seb has Qualified in front of both Mercs with a better car only 3 times this year (Bahrain, Canada, Belgium). Only 1 pole this season.

Lec has Qualified in front of Vet 9 times this year.
Lec has more wins than Vet so far and more points.

Not sure how you can argue Vet is a faster driver even in Race pace this year.

Vet has been a failure, hasn't gotten the most out of the car, last year was a screw up, this year Lec is there to show how he has been messing up and dropping the ball with a fast car. If Lec wasn't in a Ferrari this year, Vet would have said the Mercs are a better car and make excuses like he did last year but now he can't. So lets see if he has any fight left in him this year.

You said it, he could've given HAM the tow, he would've lost to either one of them anyway.

Second, I didn't say anything about the whole year I'm only talking about the Russian GP. But if you want to come the whole year then consider this, out of all the races finished by both cars Vettel finished higher than Leclerc in 7 races while Leclerc finished higher than Vettel in 6 races.
But hey, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Cheers!
Appreciate 0