GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
No one's arguing their brilliance, they simply just don't sell enough in the US market for Mercedes to export them just to sit on dealer's lots for long periods of time, everyone would rather have a C or GLC-Class sadly.

There is a rumor that a CLE-Coupe (essentially C and E coupe made into one vehicle, similar to the old CLK) will come to the US as a replacement.
My dad bought his new pearl white E400 cabriolet before it got off the transporter at the dealership. The dealer said they sell every single one of them before they could get it in the showroom. A Florida couple flew in to pick up their gold E400 cabriolet just a few months later. We literally beat them to it. First time they came in town to look because they heard one is getting shipped to our dealer. They looked at ours and placed an order for their vehicle the same day. In the past 2 years I have not seen a single E400 cabriolet on the lot.

I've seen a plethora of C class sedans on the lot left over from previous years as far as the eyes can see.
Appreciate 0