Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The huge project of ripping out every piece of metal plumbing in our house and replacing it with PEX and plastic fittings began this past weekend:

The scrap value of the copper will probably pay for the PEX and other materials twice over, and not having to trudge into the basement at 3:00 AM with a flood alarm screaming to see what pipe ruptured this time is just gravy.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The huge project of ripping out every piece of metal plumbing in our house and replacing it with PEX and plastic fittings began this past weekend:

[IMG]https://images.hvtraffic.com/images/...6-2fc92854.jpg[/IMG]

The scrap value of the copper will probably pay for the PEX and other materials twice over, and not having to trudge into the basement at 3:00 AM with a flood alarm screaming to see what pipe ruptured this time is just gravy.....
Copper pipe is anti microbial and will last hundreds of years, it has a proven track record especially the thicker version Type K. Who knows what pex pipes will leach into water, does any study exist? Only time will tell as it is relatively new. I had many pex crimps leak in my previous house, I love my all copper lines.
Appreciate 1
lakefront560.50