View Single Post
      07-22-2020, 11:49 PM   #289
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
I follow championship level NHRA Drag Racing and one of the key elements of the sport is to leave the starting line before your opponent, without leaving too early which causes a red red light condition and you are disqualified; once the green lights go out, you release the race car and the time between the green light going out and your car's front wheels breaking the light beam to start the elapsed time clock for the run, is known as the reaction time or RT; the RT is practiced by drivers where they have a practice system in their transporters and they practice "leaving early"....many of the Pro level drivers have a reaction time of .025 seconds or twenty-five thousands of a second; I know Antron Brown - 3 time Top Fuel Dragster Champion and his reaction times are phenomenal; Antron's 11,000 horsepower Top Fuel Dragster covers the 1,000 ft track in 3.7 seconds at 330 mph....and the car launches causing a 6G launch.

i suspect MB has created quite the system to provide a starting line advantage - can't wait to see how this plays out.
Meanwhile Ferrari is still trying to figure out how all the different tires work
Appreciate 1