View Single Post
      02-07-2024, 03:40 PM   #1
CO/NYC BimmerGuy
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M, X6M, M4 Comp Conv.

2025 Z4M40i Seat Belt Question

Hi Everyone!!

I'm new to this forum and I'm happy to say that I've got an order, production number and production week (Week 10, the second week of March) confirmed for a new 2025 Z4 M40i with manual transmission. (So Excited!!). I've selected my colors and options, and have been working with my local dealer to make this happen. My dealer tells me that I have several more days before we "lock in" the final order, so I'm making sure that everything is optioned correctly on the car.

As I think we all have, I've been waiting for the BMWUSA website to get the configurator up - and while I've been waiting, I've been going to BMW.de to spec the car out with their visualizer. While doing this, I noticed that for ~300 Euro, it is possible to order ///M seatbelts for the Z4. This is not an option in the US - here is my question:

Does anyone know the three or four digit option code is for these seatbelts (possibly someone in Germany?) and is it possible to add this option code to a US-spec car? I've heard the legend that stuff like this is possible, but I've not had any experience with this and legends are sometimes wrong. Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated...my thought is to find the order code for this option, see if I can have my dealer add it to my build sheet and get these seat belts. Seems crazy, but why not try? Asking any dealer to figure this out is harder than winning the Powerball, so I thought I would start here first.

Many thanks for the thoughts and for the help!

Last edited by CO/NYC BimmerGuy; 02-09-2024 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: gramatical error
Appreciate 1