LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
Keep in mind you can sign for a loan at 17 as well. I have no debt but I’m not opposed to some forgiveness.

But really the lending is the problem. We need to stop handing out money so easily and letting educational institutions get greedy and bloated with useless staff. It’s absurd how much universities charge these days because they know there’s just easy money flying around
That’s the core reason I believe the government should institute forgiveness and loan caps. People against it are in favor of punishing the student, but they are the victim caught in the middle of all of this.

State governments have decreased college funding for state institutions fully aware of the reality that the Feds allow them to shift the burden onto students. Colleges exploit the students knowing they have no real world experience to gauge the true cost of the debt and their earning potential.

Meanwhile, for those who manage to increase their earnings potential after graduating college, like I did, the government gets the benefit of extra tax revenue. Allowing the government to effectively double dip. Keep in mind, until the recent student loan payment freeze Trump put in place (that’s expired now) the Student Loan program was a profit generating program for the federal government.

That’s deeply unfair.
Appreciate 1