View Single Post
      07-26-2020, 02:22 AM   #33
frbq
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
The same reason people buy BMWs over Porsches. Money.

That's a lie, I was going for a Cayenne hybrid, and when I saw the new G05 and remember all the bad times the 955 gave me and the unreliable it was, I just change my mind in search of some peace. That Cayenne S was parked and the speedometer and odometer star to count with the car still, and sometimes the handles get crazy and open and close multiple times and the panoramic roof close itself. The dealer was the worst, imagine that. All that make me change the brand.

The problem is that the history is repeating again but wit the new X5. My car is like possessed. Lights stay on even auto is stablisheth, voice assistance said disable at the screen, quality problems, and the worst is that from time to time the car just lose power in a U turn corner in a parking building under 20 Km/h because of a DSC overactivation, not other car does been then e83, e53, e70, etc; even most of the times the G05 does it perfect. The worst, the dealer, he said that this less than suboptimal behavior is the normal response of the car. I have taken videos to then where the car chokes itself, I also take the technical advisor manager to see it, and that's what he said. Worst, he tell me to drive it at sport or to disable DSC to solve the failure. Crazy. Maybe some day get the videos on net and share then.

Almost all my life driving european, but if that continues, I would end driving asian or northamerican cars. Even Kia looks not bad if guarantees of peace of mind came with that. You can no blame a client to run away from this, and tell that the problem is not enough money, when it's the product.
Appreciate 0