Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Here is another almost non-work story I can probably talk about: I did a project for an up and coming actor so I got invited out for drinks one night at this bar that is known to be a low key hangout for celebrities. I go and meet some of his friends plus his girlfriend and another actor who is actually really famous. I've actually met this actor before so as we were introduced I mentioned where we met earlier. He was a total dick and pretty much blew me off which is weird because he actually met my wife as well, and she said he was very nice to her. I guess not having tits and not being a celebrity means I wasn't worth his time. Jerk.

Anyway, I don't make a big deal of it, but this guy is actually cock of the walk that night and everyone else in the bar is hanging on his every word. Celebrities don't really impress me too much since I work with them all the time, so it's no big deal. I grab a drink and the girlfriend approaches me. We talk for a bit, I ask what she does, surprise surprise she is an aspiring actress as well. She hadn't done anything big yet, just small speaking roles, I wish her luck and she asks about what I do etc... you know, a normal conversation.

Cut to maybe a year later and I'm at the movies with my wife and the trailers are rolling. A new high profile movie comes up, my wife is excited because it's one of those "chick" movies that was heavily anticipated. The main actress pops up and she looks very familiar. When the name comes on screen it clicks: it's the girlfriend! She looks almost completely different mind you, that's movie magic, but it's definitely her. Since then I've been rooting for her in her career. It's nice knowing that she is genuinely a good person that didn't mind talking to the non-celebrity at the bar that one night.
Since you're giving a compliment, please do tell who this actress was. I understand if you don't want to say who the jerk was (but we'll forgive you if you do)!
If I said who the actress was it would be very easy to identify the rest of the party. But I will say that said jerk was one of the actors knocked down a few notches in past few years by the #metoo movement. No surprise there.

In the spirit of positivity I can say that one of the nicest and most interesting celebrities I've met is Jeff Goldblum. He's literally what you expect. Super quirky, always has something interesting to say and seems to be in constant wonder in everything that happens around him.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34184.50
minn1914034.50