View Single Post
      06-13-2022, 08:52 AM   #101
ebirotedu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 M40i

I wonder if those sub-speed limit driving Tesla drivers aren't hypermiling, trying to minimize the times they have to stop and recharge during long-distance travel. Was reading that's a thing with a subset of owners and gamified through online forums/websites where they track & compete for various achievements.

And the Z4's mileage is pretty amazing considering what a great performer the B58 is. Even the Boxster GTS 4.0, which weighs ~350 lbs less, gets inferior mileage to the Z4 M40i, at least per fueleconomy.gov - not sure what people are claiming for real world mileage.

Somewhat related, while at the RAM dealer the other day a young dude blasts out of the dealer lot in his TRX, supercharger whining, and onto the street - so he can immediately slow down and sit in afternoon ATL metro traffic. I idly wondered at what point he'll make the connection between his heavy right foot and the amount of money in his wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post

One thing that seems to stick out are Tesla's rolling along around 65mph. State speed limit is 70MPH & general traffic flow is about 85MPH.

Can't remember seeing one in our quick traffic flow a bit over the general flow. Am I imaging things?

BTW great feature of our Z4 M40i with fuel prices running up. My trip door to door is just over 200miles. Average speed 80+MPH Average fuel used 30+MPG.

The overall performance of these cars are way above average with fuel economy better than some below average performers.

Last edited by ebirotedu; 06-13-2022 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 2