Thread: BMW Engineers
View Single Post
      07-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

I was in the exact same position when I was your age and had the exact same goals. I didn't have the means nor the knowledge to know even where to start. I loved cars especially BMW's so I decided to become a lot attendant at my nearest BMW dealer after high school. I worked there for not more than 6 months and learned there was no possible way to build up from that position. I did get to at least drive every BMW that came in and by far the most memorable was the z8 that just came out. So I moved on and went to work in a body/mechanic shop as an apprentice mechanic to learn about fixing cars and how things work. As the days went on, my passion started to fade. I didn't have any post secondary education and I was busting my ass every day and leaving with dirty hands and an oily face every night. I lost my love for cars and the curiosity was long gone after about 1 year in the shop. I moved on and got a degree in business and the rest is history.

What I'm trying to say is that you're still 16 and you just started driving. Its a very long road ahead and for the majority of us, it's much better to have cars as a hobby than a profession. IMO, best way to know is to work on cars and see if the love/passion persist. Damn I wish I was 16 again. I do hope that someone with such background chime in and give you the low down. But who are we to judge, dream big.