Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
They should just badge this a Toyota. Has 0 BMW going on...
How so? It's not 4K pounds. Or a mid engine roadster with literally no storage space. Or a torque free Subaru.

Actually feels like a bit of a return to form for BMW, just a slightly impaired Boxster, no longer a soft SLC competitor.
You know it is built on a Toyota developed chassis right? I feel like lots of you don't seem to understand this about this Z4. It was developed by BMW in conjunction with Toyota's development of the Supra. This is a Supra underneath...

As much as i am glad it's not 4K pounds and agree with you about those merits...this is for all intensive purposes a BMW-ized Supra. That's not a bad thing; but the design and basics of this car do NOT scream BMW. They scream Toyota. My feeling is this will perform quite well because Toyota has been working years on this upcoming Supra.

My point is; where is the BMW DNA here? I don't see it..
Have you somehow not looked at the Supra thread? I'd guess outside of supra93 , I'm the most frequent poster.

Go be condescending to your knitting group, I think we all know this had Toyota's input here. But I also suspect they had very little actual control of the chassis, if any. If they had, don't you think it would have a back seat, like, oh, every previous Supra?

For each of the Z cars, outside of the Z8, BMW has stretched their design language and it been tied to the sedan and coupe language. Good on them for not being as staid with this one as the last Z4.
Appreciate 3
supra932480.00
Win42.00