View Single Post
      08-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #228
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Few things to note based on my convo with a few heads there.

1. Rearview and side view mirrors will not make it as they are obviously too small.

2. Windshield most likely won't be in that shape either. It's a nice design but not that functional.

3. This was purely a concept car as there was no top nor was there even a place to put a top in (soft or hard).

4. The doors are supposedly opened by pushing a button at the top of the doors where they meet the rear panels of the car.

5. Met and chatted with a lady who does colors for BMW. Learned that they can do virtually any individual customization you want, so long that you're willing to pay. For example, diamond encrusted paint or trim panels.

6. Taillights were OLED. Expecting these to make it to production.

7. Wheels and tires were for show because they're way too big to even function properly. Tires were Michelin Sport Cup 2. Wheels were VW-esque. We'll see what they'll put in the production version.

I highly doubt that 90% will make it to production as per Adrian. I think it will change quite a bit. I think around 60-70% is more like it.
No Adrian is right and yes both the Z4,X2,8er and next months X7 are 90% from production.
The Z4 has a simple folding soft top which will be located behind the front seats and added roll-over protection hoops.
The styling elements such as the crisp lines and less frantic surface treatments are visible on the prototypes. However we will shortly see the prototypes with full headlights and tail lights and you will see that the outlines are retained but some of the lighting details are not fully.

The Z4 brings ideas illustrated back in 2011 on the Vision ConnectedDrive but in a more modern and progressive form.