View Single Post
      04-06-2021, 12:11 PM   #29
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
I have F80 M3 and 991.2 911 T as the fun cars currently.

The GT350 has a nice engine and sound plus styling is cool. Rest of the car is very underwhelming. I had a chance to buy a few and every time i go and sit in one - I can’t pull the trigger lol. Panel gaps, interior quality, sitting position are just all bad.

The E92 M3 would be good but only if i can find the exact spec for me - Blue or White exterior, Comp Pack, Manual, CF roof, Black interior, low mileage. I think overtime this would be a car you can own and probably not lose any value if you have it as a weekend type car.

Ferrari - I always loved 360 styling (my dream car ever since it came out) and you can find early ones for under $100k easily. Need to look at 430s. The 458s are still at $200k or more for nice spec. I can’t imagine the 360s with nice spec going much further down in price. I have driven 430 and 458 previously but not a 360. They sound like heaven and probably would be the perfect car to get just for the “sound.”

I’m in no rush to get anything but really wish these car companies emulate Porsche GT3 and focused some models on emotional connection of NA sound and feel rather than 0-60 / 1/4 mile times where you are over 100mph in 3rd gear.
Nice list of cars you already got. I've luckily already have an E92 M3 and it would be the last car I leave. I could never get rid of it. Personally, I'd highly recommend the 6MT, but even if you get DCT, they're not made anymore. There's nothing quite like it, and IMHO, it was BMW's engine department at its peak.

Can you imagine BMW M pretty much making a bespoke engine for the M5/6, and then chopping off 2 cylinders for the M3/4? It's unheard of in this day and age.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0