09-08-2019, 06:36 AM   #49
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by auditorycanvas View Post
I spent last weekend doing the Dr. Beasley's coating. Got the whole $170 kit for $130 on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have to confess to just using a decent car wash on my previous 4 series, so this felt like a whole lot of work haha.

I bought a pressure washer, gave it a good clean with the Dr. Beasley's soap, then did the ceramic coating. Took a while to get it smear free, but the effort was worth it. Have since used the finisher too.

The ceramic coating did seem to add a subtle touch more satin to the finish, but I think that will fade as the coating ages a bit. It doesn't seem to hold dust quite as much as before, and water just beads and rolls off, so I'm really happy with it overall.

I do recommend getting very good quality applicator sponges, and microfiber cloths for the coating, unless you get the starter kit instead, which comes with everything else as well.

I have a really small surface scratch by the driver side door handle already. If it was a gloss finish it would polish out in 20 seconds, but with this finish, there's no way to remove it. So my only concern with this finish is trying to keep it scratch and nick free...Stone chips are going to be a complete nightmare.

I do not recommend this paint finish to anyone with OCD haha
The Z4 looks fantastic in the frozen grey but your post is the exact reason why I opted for the Saphire black in the end. Although if it is any consolation my car took absolutaly ages to fully clean and protect yesterday also.
Appreciate 0