View Single Post
      12-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #1295
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
50/50 W.D. is pretty much a ridiculous mantra spoken by many on car forums. Now I know some guys are adverse to hearing about sports cars and track numbers but if one broadens their horizons past individual feelings the vast majority of best sports cars are not all that close to 50/50. For example, The Porsche GT3, which no one with functioning gray matter would call a bad handling car sports has a WD of around 60:40 yet it’s called one of the premier handing street legal cars and the pinnacle of handling. We see members right on this forum pronounce proudly that their 128’s have 50:50 yet they are far from superb handling cars, and my 135i the same.

There are many other street legal cars that tear up tracks that don’t measure up to that magical balance, a lot more than do hit that ‘perfect balance’ mark. Not even F1 cars are 50:50. Yes there are many other factors that contribute to a sports cars handling prowess and 50:50 is far from the top of the list. Almost irrelevant other then pointless bragging rights on forums.
Just don't let the GT3 kill you lols. They aren't called widow maker for nothing. Kind of funny this guy who swears by the Corvette now saying 50/50 are crap.
Appreciate 0