View Single Post
      07-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #21
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I love these stories, and then the fallout. I've always wondered, I think of people like we have in our LA office where a guy's official job title is janitor. But over the last 8 years (I'm new so they told me the story) he got licensed in electrical and has taught himself to be able to do telecom wiring. Then, he presented a spreadsheet showing how the work he did on a project cost $4k, his labor rate is $18/hr., when a co. we paid charged us $19k for the same work at another building. It makes me wonder, who has it better? the teenager who has everything handed to him, or the guy who comes to the states with nothing, but keeps trying to better himself. From janitor to licensed electrician is not really a joke. And he's not paid what he's worth yet, but keeps trying.

I'll always remember the same thing happened on the Nissan forum that I was on for a long time. One kid went from a Nissan to a Supra Turbo to beyond. If any of you came from the forum you know who I mean. I emailed the guy a year ago and he's a success story.

Again, I totally agree, nobody has to justify themselves to anyone, this is a forum. Hey, I knew super rich kids in college, they were there. Never wanted to be like them, but I didn't mind when they asked me to keep their cars at my house for the summer.
Appreciate 0