United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
One should look at the Bolt example to see how public perception plays a role in sales.
LOL...Chevrolet.

That is not the company Telsa will be worried about.
That's not why I brought it up. Other car companies in the world already has made their entry into the EV market: Audi etron, E-Golf, BMWs i3, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt, 500e etc. There is a distinct difference between them and Tesla. Tesla is "cool". It's desired. The Bolt looks like a goofy economy EV. The i3, as much as I love mine, looks like a goofy EV. The e-Golf looks like a Golf. I don't think that's what people want. They just want to feel and look good driving it. Why pay more for an e-Golf when it looks like the cheaper, more practical Golf? Why pay for an i3 when it looks that goofy? Why get something as goofy as a Bolt when you can hold out for the ultra desired and cool Model 3? It excites, it stirs up conversations, it handles and performs like a sports car?

It's got juice on it, and that's more than a lot of established companies can say.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i