United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_officer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Absolutely agree that they're not delivering on schedule, which could very well derail any bigger plans than just cars. Cash burn has certainly killed many other big ideas.
And that's my biggest issue with Tesla. They keep coming out with these grand, aspirational ideas which are very lucrative and enticing, BUT at the same time they can't get the production/manufacturing to meet those ideas. Why not focus on getting a few things right instead of spending time and resources on all these other ideas. In other words, hit the Model 3 out of the park by spitting those things out of the factory faster than any other company, do not put on a show and dance with the Roadster, Hyperloops, Solar Roof, cross country infrastructure... It's too much all at once. An 18 year old can understand the value of Tesla's ideas, but the hard part is executing.
The simple answer is it's extremely difficult and expensive. For all his flaws, Musk is at least playing his cards right and keeping interest alive in Tesla where many other companies would have already failed. The fact that he can swing a 20 point drop one week to an almost full recovery weeks later shows that if nothing else Tesla has the tenacity and the sheer will to succeed.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i