Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Okay - so two things.

1) Your grammar and sentence structure is atrocious. I've taken the liberty of correcting it for you above so that others may be able to better understand you.

2) University is free for nearly anyone in the the United States that wants it to be. They just have to make an effort. There are currently over $14,000,000,000 of scholarships available in this country that go unclaimed every year. That is 14 billion dollars. Yes, with a B. So long as someone makes an effort in High School, there are plenty of scholarships to get a full ride to college in this country. In addition, 42 out of the 50 state offer completely free associates degrees at community colleges for anyone who graduates High School with a 'C' average or better. Between available scholarships and the first two years completely free, there is no reason anyone should graduate with debt these days.
Thanks for the translation!

And your second point is absolutely true. I fully believe that there is no reason everyone shouldn't receive the next two years of education post HS and there is no reason that it should drive anyone into dire debt. With the exception of Medicine and Law, there is no reason to complete grad school with debt, as well. It's lack of information and effort that cause these poorly informed decisions leading to back-breaking debt for students that we have to eliminate.

The overall value of a college degree cannot be overstated not just for education but also discipline and exposure to new people and ideas that really can't take place outside a university environment. While there is quite a bit of bad (indoctrination and debt), the good far outweighs the negative aspects.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Run Silent13387.50
SakhirM410025.00
arkie6357.00