View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
boX5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 M Sport, Mineral White

Test drove an Audi e-tron

I test drove Audi e-tron last week. It was my first time driving an all electric vehicle.

The initial take off was not what I expected at all. There seemed to be a quarter second delay every time I stepped on the gas from standing. The overall acceleration is alright but not as good as so many gas powered cars in the market. Even my 2007 E550 was much better. It feels about the same as E350 I have currently.

The second major issue is the autonomous driving. The sales guy insisted I try this feature. He turned it on for me, and it worked ok, following through the lane on a normal street. When the car was nearing a construction area where a concrete barrier was placed to create a slight detour, I was getting ready to take over. The car never gave me a warning, and it was heading straight into the barrier at about 45mph. I had to turn the steering myself, otherwise it would have hit it causing pretty serious accident. Audi should have never put this feature in the car. With the terrible driving range and the MSRP of over $80k, it really makes no sense.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50